Friday, March 26, 2010

Solar powered trike and trailer trek across America and the crew of "king" Archer

Being 65 means I get to do what I want.

What I want to do is take a leisurely trek around America to see the sights I've never seen.

So I have made my plans and have put out the first monies toward purchase of an electric hub motor kit for the tricycle I will then buy. My plan involves also building a little covered wagon to sleep in that I can tow behind and which, by using thin film photovoltaic material applied to the cover, can also be a charging station for my batteries. I'll post pictures of my build project and further details as I go.

I was asked by my first sponsor, Morgan Giddings (or was it her sister Elise?) of Cycle9, (Carrboro, North Carolina) if I were taking the trek just for fun or was I going to promote some cause. (Their website is www.cycle9.com.)

That got me to thinking and after casting about for a short while, I found a website dedicated to promoting the principles of chivalry and I decided this would be the cause I would promote. Chivalry Now (whose web address is chivalrynow.net) is about encouraging our society to practice chivalry, now in this day and age and especially in our own lives.


To this end I have developed a plan to take along on this trek a group of up to ten young acolytes to form a "crew" of what I'll call "do-gooders". This team of do-gooders will routinely seek out worthy subjects for whom to do good deeds. This will be the practicum of a curriculum in chivalry.

I'll also keep posting about that as time goes on.

I'll be happy to hear from any who wish to comment here or by email. My address is wendell.archer@gmail.com.

Before I close this particular post I'll explain the "king"  reference above: My full name is Wendell LeRoy Archer. LeRoy is from the French le roi which means the king. And Wendell apparently is from the word Vandal. So I guess you could say I am Vandal the king Archer. 


Welcome to you all.


LeRoy                               click comments V to post your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very Welcome